[libvirt-users] libvirt unavailable while a VM is in migration?]

Igor Serebryany igor47 at moomers.org
Wed Dec 22 18:44:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 02:14:42PM +0100, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> Ouch, I wonder if that could be the reason...

Just to make sure that my strange compiling/packages aren't causing the
problem, I've set up two servers running fedora 14 with the official
libvirt packages. i experience the same problem -- while a vm is in
migration, nothing else works. my traces reveal libvirt getting stuck at
the same exact spot as on my debian machines.

at this point, i'm pretty sure that this is a bug in libvirt. Has
libvirt ever had the ability to perform other operations while a qemu
migration is in progress? If so than this is a regression, and a pretty
serious one. For me, this makes live-migrations totally unusable, and
since I cannot run my project without live-migrations and I cannot use
any outside tools to do live-migrations when I'm using libvirt this
makes libvirt totally unusable.

i am desperate to get this bug fixed, and i don't think i have the
resources to try to patch it myself. is there anything i can do to help
you guys? more debugging info? foot massage?

--Igor