[libvirt-users] Mounting an lvm

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 06:29:22 UTC 2010

On 10/04/2010 05:13 PM, Dale Amon wrote:
<snip>
> I converted a system disk from a virtualbox
> VM and added to the config on a qemu VM.
> All seems well until I try to mount it. The
> virtual machine shows data for the disk
> image using commands like:
>
> 	pvs
> 	lvs
> 	lvdisplay xena-1
>
> but there is no /dev/xena-1/root to be
> mounted. I also cannot seem to figure out
> whether the lvm related modules are available
> for the virtual machine kernel.
>
> Has anyone else tried playing this game?

Not me personally.  But... having the word "xen"
in the name of the lvm volume is kind of worrying.

Xen is an older hypervisor, which KVM is kind of a
replacement for.  So, I'm wondering what else (if
anything) may have gone a bit wonky in the conversion
process.

Do you have the commands you used for converting the
system disk from VirtualBox to QEMU?  If so, can
you cut-n-paste them here?  Thinking there might be
a gotcha or something in that can be pointed out
easily. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift