[libvirt-users] problem installing libvirt from source

Lars Nordin lnordin at internap.com
Tue Apr 26 14:25:22 UTC 2011

I'm trying to compile and install libvirt-0.9.0 on Ubuntu v10.04. The make and install went fine and I don't see any errors but there isn't a libvirt directory created in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages.

I specified configure --with-vmware -with-esx  (and later --with-python), then make, then sudo make install.

>From config.log:
prefix = /usr/local
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
pyexecdir = ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.6/dist-packages
pythondir = ${prefix}/lib/python2.6/dist-packages
pkgpyexecdir = ${pyexecdir}/libvirt
pkgpythondir = ${pythondir}/libvirt