[libvirt-users] problem installing libvirt from source

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:50:45 UTC 2011

2011/4/26 Lars Nordin <lnordin at internap.com>:
> I’m trying to compile and install libvirt-0.9.0 on Ubuntu v10.04. The make
> and install went fine and I don’t see any errors but there isn’t a libvirt
> directory created in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages.
>

> I specified configure --with-vmware –with-esx  (and later --with-python),
> then make, then sudo make install.

Without looking further into it, did you install the python-dev
package? ./configure will disable the Python bindings if it cannot
find the required files. But actually when you explicitly specify
--with-python then ./configure should fail when something is missing.

Did the summary at the end of the ./configure run say "Python: yes"?

Matthias