[libvirt-users] Disk not bootable from yesterday resolved

David Brown dcbrown73 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 14:29:44 UTC 2011

Just an update and a thanks.
The not bootable issue I was having yesterday ended up being for some odd reason the disk type in the domain define xml file had been switched to the disk being "raw" rather than qcow2 format.  When I changed:<driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
to <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'/>

It booted without issue.  I'm not clear how that got changed on the original domain.  It was in use without issue about a week ago. :/
I then ran the clone again and it cloned fine, but had the boot issueagain.  I checked the cloned domain.xml file and again it said typeraw.  I changed it again to qcow2 and it booted fine.
Bug?  Shouldn't it keep the type in the config the same?
Anyway, thanks for help and especially the quick responses!
Dave