[libvirt-users] USB2 passthrough

Marco van Beek mvanbeek at forgetaboutit.net
Mon Apr 18 18:58:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to get a USB device working on a Windows 7 virtual machine,
and it needs USB2 to work, so the USB passthrough does not work. I have
searched for an answer and either the answer is so obvious I am being
thick, or too complicated for anyone to address it.

Can I simply do a PCI passthrough of a USB host controller? Would that
then give me a whole load of USB2 ports I could connect to my computer?
I would have to find out which port was connected to which controller,
but surely it can't be that simple?

Thanks,

Marco

--
Marco van Beek
Forget About IT Ltd.
E: mvanbeek at forgetaboutit.net
W: http://www.forgetaboutit.net/
Forget About IT and FABIT are registered trademarks