[libvirt-users] Is there a good way to "slot" libvirtd versions?

Whit Blauvelt whit.virt at transpect.com
Mon Aug 1 17:15:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is there a reasonable way to alternately use several versions of libvirtd on
the same system? I ask because there are features of 0.9.X I want to
experiment with, yet also need to use the systems where I'm doing that to
connect via virt-manager and virsh to non-experimental systems running 0.8.8
and 0.8.3 on Ubuntu - which the compiled-from-tar 0.9.x has an
incompatibility with.

As far as I can see with library dependencies there's no simple way to run
different editions of the libvirtd stack alternately on the same system. But
I could easily be missing a trick. Anyone have this working?

Thanks,
Whit