[libvirt-users] git repository access via HTTPS

Fyodor Kupchik ferimy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:20:47 UTC 2011

still no luck with it :(
I precede git command by proxychains one since git does not respect any kind
of proxy settings (nor system wide or those I set via git config http.proxy)
and it only works  in such way.
ProxyChains-3.1 (http://proxychains.sf.net)
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/teo/prj/archipel/Archipel/Libvirt/.gnulib/.git/
git.sv.gnu.org[0: 140.186.70.72]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
Clone of 'git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib.git' into submodule path '.gnulib'
failed
Failed to recurse into submodule path 'Libvirt'
Unable to initialize submodules

I suspect it still tries to use git proto somehow...

here's the output from another libvirt repo
time proxychains git clone https://github.com/marcusk/libvirt.git
ProxyChains-3.1 (http://proxychains.sf.net)
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/teo/prj/libvirt/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 50464, done.
remote: Total 50464 (delta 42261), reused 50257 (delta 42058)
Receiving objects: 100% (50464/50464), 51.74 MiB | 177 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (42261/42261), done.

real    7m42.509s
user    0m13.210s
sys     0m1.140s