[libvirt-users] Problem with FreeBSD graceful shutdown

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Jan 13 14:15:29 UTC 2011

On 14/01/2011, at 12:45 AM, Nikita A Menkovich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have FreeBSD guest running with KVM+libvirt, when I send shutdown
> through virsh for ex.
>
> $ virsh shutdown freebsd
>
> There is not any reaction from FreeBSD. Linux guests works together
> with acpid daemon well.
> devd in freebsd is running, and should work correct. Is there any way
> to fix this
>
> dumpxml config
> http://pastebin.com/UGGgG894

Hi Nikita,

Just as a way to check what is wrong, is there a way to enable debugging
or logging of devd, to see if it is receiving the ACPI events?

I'm just thinking that "in theory", the virtual machine should be getting the
ACPI shutdown.  Checking if it really is or isn't would be a good way to
figure out which part of things is going wrong.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift