[libvirt-users] Is libvirt supported on Citrix Xenserver?

G Naresh Kumar naresh.gadepalli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:21:01 UTC 2011

Hi Maththias,

Thanks for the help. I finally was able to compile/install libvirt on
xenserver.

I tried compiling the libvirt 0.9.2 with xen api support. Was able to
install it successfully. When I tried giving the virsh command, I got an
‘authentication failed’ error as shown below.

# virsh -c xenapi://<my local ip>

Enter username for <mylocalip>: root

Enter intel123's password for <my local ip>:

error: authentication failed: (null)

I also tried connecting to the local machine as below,

virsh -c "xenapi:///"

error: authentication failed: Server name not in URI

error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

What am I missing here?

Also I am trying to install ruby-libvirt on xenserver, which looks like
requires libvirt-devel package to be installed. How do I build it from the
libvirt 0.9.2 source package.

Thanks,

Naresh

--
I was an atheist till I realized I am GOD