[libvirt-users] Failed to connect to Xen 4.1 using virsh

YAO yffbrave at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:50:41 UTC 2011

Hi,
I installed xen 4.1 and libvirt 0.9.1 on ubuntu 10.04 x86
when I tried "*virsh -c xen:/// list*", the terminal give me error:
*error: unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock', libvirtd may
need to be started: No such file or directory*
*error: failed to connect to the hypervisor*

But when I tried "*sudo virsh -c xen:/// list*", there's different error:
*error: unable to connect to 'localhost:8000': Connection refused*
*error: failed to connect to the hypervisor*

That really confused me.
Do I need to start libvirtd like "*sudo libvirtd*"? cause "*virsh -c
test:///default list*" is OK without it.
I have started xencommons and xend, so I really don't know what I missed...

Thanks,
Yao