[libvirt-users] libvirt -user'question

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 16:40:10 UTC 2012

[when replying to an existing thread, it helps to use proper In-Reply-To
mail headers to keep it properly threaded.  Also, top-posting on
technical lists is discouraged]

On 02/20/2012 08:15 PM, 冰淇淋 wrote:
> hi,:
>  I am a new user of libvirt ,I asked a question about using libvirt to connect to esxi server. I got the answer is https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-February/msg00860.html
>      So,I try to make the change on the mailing list you just added.
>   -     * Add a dummy expect header to stop CURL from waiting for a response code
>   +     * Add an empty expect header to stop CURL from waiting for a response code
>   -    curl->headers = curl_slist_append(curl->headers, "Expect: nothing");
>  +    curl->headers = curl_slist_append(curl->headers, "Expect:");
> and I did the follow steps in my computer:
>   1../configure --with-esx
>  2.make
>  3.make install
>  4../autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/usr
>  5.make
>  6.make install
>  I complete installing the libvirt and run the command :virsh --version  ,get the right answer 0.9.7

The latest release is 0.9.10; if you still have problems, you  might
want to consider upgrading before re-trying that patch.

>  and I run the command :virsh -c esx://me@exampe.com/?tansport=http
>  the error before I mentioned related to http did disappeared ,but
>  and I still get a error like:error: internal error XPath evaluation of response for call to 'RetrieveServiceContent' failed
>  I don't understand what does this error mean,or is  my steps wrong ?so I hope you can help me to figure out the promble. thanks a lot and so sorry for trouble you too much .waiting for you reply on line.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this one.

>  ps: I have another question about libvirt , I saw this :%if %{with_esx}%if 0%{?fedora} >= 9 || 0%{?rhel} >= 6 in /libvirt0.9.7/livirt.spec,I want to know if libvirt esx driver only can be useful on fedora>=9||rhel>=6,and the other OS like centos 6.0 or redhat ,will disable the use of esx driver of libvirt.

But I do know this - that is just stating that when building the RPM
files for the distro version of libvirt included in Fedora or RHEL, then
those are the distro defaults.  That is, Fedora will default to ESX
support on, and RHEL 5 defaults to ESX off while RHEL 6 defaults to ESX
on.  But those are defaults, and you can override them if you are
rebuilding the RPM yourself; furthermore, if you are building from the
tarball via a direct configure rather than trying to rebuild an RPM,
then the contents of the spec file don't matter (since they only affect
an RPM build).