[libvirt-users] Issue with event registration

Tyrion Lannister tlannister12 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:30:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I could find only one post related to this, but that did not address my
problem. I am trying to register for VM events using
virConnectDomainEventRegisterAny, but that is returning with the error
"libvir: Remote error : this function is not supported by the connection
driver: no event support"

I have registered for the default event implementation (as suggested in the
response to an earlier post related to this problem) prior to calling
*RegisterAny, but that is not helping.

Browsing through the coe, it seems to me this has to do with the timer
support in the domainEventState, just a guess.

    if (priv->domainEventState->timer < 0) {
         remoteError(VIR_ERR_NO_SUPPORT, "%s", _("no event support"));
         goto done;
    }

 I am using Centos 6 with KVM QEMU.

Thanks,