[libvirt-users] Failed to bind socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': Permission denied

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 13:37:23 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 01:01 AM, 何鑫 wrote:
> Hi all,     When I start self-built libvirtd by "libvirtd -d -l -f libvirtd.conf",

If started as a regular user, then this started a qemu:///session
server.  But note that qemu:///session is auto-spawned by merely
attempting to connect as a regular user, so you don't really need to
manually start libvirtd in that case.  If you want a qemu:///system
server, then it has to be started by root.

> Need I start libvirtd by root?

Yes.