[libvirt-users] Deriving VMs from a reference image via scripts

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Apr 25 17:49:38 UTC 2014

Hi.

I have a reference .vmdk (and .xml) reference VM.  I need to instantiate multiple new VM’s from this, but changing various parameters: name, MAC address, network connections, cores, memory size, disk size and backing store, etc. and then start these new VM’s… all via ‘virsh’ et al from a script.

What are the steps to do this?  I was looking at the command help and some tutorials but apparently not the right ones.

Thanks,

-Philip