[libvirt-users] virt-sandbox-service

Gene Czarcinski gczarcinski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:18:33 UTC 2014

Is there any documentation/tutorial that explains how to use
virt-sandbox-service?

After looking at some writeups about virt-sandbox-service, this looks
like a good tool for something I need to do.  But, following the
"examples" I cannot get anything to work correctly.

With a simple xfce install with httpd, lighttpd, and libvirt-sandbox
installed, I tried:

1. virt-sandbox-service create -C -u lighttpd.service webserver1

which produced a python traceback??

2. virt-sandbox-service create -C -u httpd.service webserver2

Which appeared to work correctly but when I tried:
    virt-sandbox-service start webserver2

I got an error message saying that "start" was not valid???

3.  On another system with lighttpd and httpd already installed and able
to run, I updated libvirt and friends to the preview version. My virtual
systems seem to run OK.  I then installed libvirt-sandbox and tried:
    virt-sandbox-service create -C -u httpd.service tstserver

which got some error messages about sockets.

I assume that this stuff has to work for someone.

HELP!

Gene