[libvirt-users] Networkfilters in Routed setup

h0rst h0rst at localh0rst.de
Wed Feb 19 17:43:51 UTC 2014

On Mi, 2014-02-19 at 09:26 -0700, Eric Blake wrote:

> Libvirt shouldn't have any problems following a symlink, unless the
> symlink resolves to a path that doesn't have proper permissions.  Can
> you paste actual terminal transcripts proving that you can manually
> execute /usr/sbin/dnsmasq --version?

Yes. Sorry. I forgot to include those calls proving that in manually worked.

user at hv:~$ ls -la /usr/sbin/dnsmasq
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Feb 19 18:26 /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -> /usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq
user at hv:~$ ls -la /usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 302941 Feb 19 18:25 /usr/local/sbin/dnsmasq

As unprivileged user:

user at hv:~$ /usr/sbin/dnsmasq --version
Dnsmasq version 2.68  Copyright (c) 2000-2013 Simon Kelley
Compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack ipset auth

This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
Dnsmasq is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or 3.

As root:

root at hv ~ # /usr/sbin/dnsmasq --version
Dnsmasq version 2.68  Copyright (c) 2000-2013 Simon Kelley
Compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack ipset auth

This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
Dnsmasq is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or 3.

I can do more test if the users aren't awake and cant complain about
non working services and VMs ;)

Kind regards,
Sebastian