[libvirt-users] Revert to internal snapshot - XML error: Non-empty feature list specified without CPU model

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 13:43:55 UTC 2014

Versions:

  $ rpm -q libvirt-daemon-kvm qemu-system-x86
  libvirt-daemon-kvm-1.2.9-3.fc21.x86_64
  qemu-system-x86-2.1.2-4.fc21.x86_64

When I attempt to revert to an internal snapshot:

  $ virsh snapshot-list node1
   Name                 Creation Time             State
   snap1                2014-06-03 14:07:28 -0400 running

  $ virsh snapshot-revert node1 snap1
  error: XML error: Non-empty feature list specified without CPU model

Contextual guest XML:

  $ virsh dumpxml node1 | grep features -A3
    <features>
      <acpi/>
      <apic/>
      <pae/>
    </features>
    <cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
    </cpu>
    <clock offset='utc'>

I see it's thrown from here, src/conf/cpu_conf.c, from function:
virCPUDefParseXML:371

    [. . .]
    367     if (n > 0) {
    368         if (!def->model && def->mode != VIR_CPU_MODE_HOST_MODEL) {
    369             virReportError(VIR_ERR_XML_ERROR, "%s",
    370                            _("Non-empty feature list specified without "
    371                              "CPU model"));
    372             goto error;
    373         }
    [. . .]

I can manually revert this snapshot via `qemu-img`, but wondering if
this error from libvirt expected in this case?

--
/kashyap