[libvirt-users] Why a "core dump" error occurs when a thread exits in container but it's correct when running in native linux

WANG Cheng D Cheng.d.Wang at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Tue Oct 28 01:33:45 UTC 2014

Dear all,

When I run my application in a container, sometimes the thread can exit correctly, sometime a "core dump" error occurs when it exits.

But the application always exits correctly when it runs in a native fedora.

Malloc() and free() functions are used in my application. I wonder if this is the reason for the core dump error. Is the thread exit event treated differently by the container and native OS? Or if I need to tune some options for memory in container's XML configuration file?

Best wishes,
Cheng