[libvirt-users] Isolated networks && test lab

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Thu Aug 27 23:26:03 UTC 2015

On 08/27/2015 07:13 PM, Spanky Horawitz wrote:
> Thank you!  I am still playing with KVM, and will more than likely
> setup my lab as you suggest in order to isolate the guests from the
> host.  Not sure if I can create an isolated network from VM Manager.

I just tried it and yes it is possible. On the 2nd screen where it asks
for IPv4 info, just uncheck the "Enable IPv4" checkbox, then on screen
4, clear out the "DNS Domain Name" at the bottom of the page. This will
give you a virtual network with a bridge created by libvirt, but no IP
address on the bridge itself, so no traffic will be able to go to/from
the host from that bridge. The only other bit you'll need to do is setup
the dhcp server on the router guest.