Re: [libvirt-users] Efficient live disk backup with active blockcommit : Failed 'block-commit': Could not reopen file: Permission denied

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 12:52:34PM -0800, Keyur Bhalerao wrote:

[. . .]

 ubuntu keyurubuntu:~$ virsh blockcommit vm-01 vda --active --verbose --pivot
> error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'block-commit': Could
> not reopen file: Permission denied

Fairly obvious suggestions, ensure permissions are set so that QEMU has
permissions to the dir that contains images.

Or it could be an AppArmor issue.

Also, check your logs:

    /var/log/libvirt/qemu/$VM.log
    /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log  (assuming you have debug logging
    enabled)

--
/kashyap