[libvirt-users] Qemu-guest agent

Umer Khan umer.khan at ebryx.com
Thu May 21 10:33:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am new to libvirt, I am trying to execute some commands inside guest
domains from my host machine using libvirt-Python API. So far I have been
able to open up a stream but I am not sure how to send commands on the
stream (through virDomainOpenConsole). After hours of searching through
different forums I found out that there is a utlity called qemu-guest agent
which can solve my problem. But I am not sure how to enable this agent on
host and domain, and how this will be used to communicate to guest domains.
Any help in this matter will be really appreciated.

Thanks