[libvirt-users] Pivot without copy

Mathew Moon mathew.moon at vipaar.com
Tue May 19 18:52:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to "pivot" to a new image without doing blockcopy or
blockpull? I know how to use snapshots and blockpull to create a new image
and pivot to using it live, but what I would like to do is to have a VM
switch from using imageA.qcow2 to image2.qcow2 while running. I don't see
why this wouldn't be possible since some of the existing libvirt tools can
do this when they are done. I would love to see an example from a bash
terminal as well as how it would be done using the python API.

Regards,
Mathew