[libvirt-users] /proc/meminfo

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 13:12:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 02:44:19PM +0300, mxs kolo wrote:
> Now reporduced with 100%
> 1) create contrainer with memory limit 1Gb
> 2) run inside simple memory test allocator:

[snip example]

I've seen this behaviour with LXC when running systemd inside the
container. /proc/meminfo is generated by a FUSE process libvirt
runs and determines the memory settings by reading the root cgroup
for the container. What I think is happening is that systemd is
reseting the memory limits in the root cgroup, so the values that
libvirt set are no longer present. This in turn causes us to report
the wrong data in /proc/meminfo. I've not yet decided whether this
is a systemd bug or not though.

Regards,
Daniel