[libvirt-users] No way to stop virStream error after guest stop

JosÉ Luis Valencia Gutierrez jvalencia at id.uff.br
Fri Apr 28 23:01:18 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,
I am opening a virChannel(unix) to a domain and receiving data with a
non-blocking virStream using events, when the connected domain gets
stopped(which deletes the channel unix socket) by calling destroy,
shutdown, pause or migrate on that domain, with the stream open the read
event is triggered repeatedly, and virStreamRecv returns 0 bytes indicating
 EOF but neither  virStreamFinish nor virStreamFinish is working to stop
the stream to trigger the event . Each time the event is called I got this
errors.

libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
the connection driver: virStreamRecv

libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
the connection driver: virStreamFinish

libvirt: I/O Stream Utils error : this function is not supported by
the connection driver: virStreamEventRemoveCallback

Is there other way to stop getting this errors? or perhaps this is a bug.

Thanks in advance.

Jose Valencia