[libvirt-users] Compile DLL for Windows

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 09:53:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 12:36:08PM +0530, Kartik Vaishnav wrote:
>I would like to know if there is a proper documentation for compiling
>libvirt for Windows.
>This is in regard to the latest versions of libvirt.
>
>Also, most answers are outdated and the scripts by Matthias Bolte on github
>don't use the latest versions and patches for libvirt.

For testing I use mingw, that's what the code is prepared for.  I see
some checks for MSVC there as well, so I guess it will work as well.

Anyway, I haven't tried building *on* windows machine, I'm building the
binaries normally as I build for my system as well, just with some
configure options.  Specifically what I do from clean git is:

./autogen.sh --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --without-sasl --without-avahi \
             --without-polkit --without-xen --without-qemu --without-lxc \
             --without-openvz --without-libvirtd --without-dbus \
             --without-systemd-daemon

and then just make.  If you have a tarball you should be able to just
use ./configure instead of ./autogen.sh with the same options.