[libvirt-users] nm-bridge & nm-team and no connection.

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 09:48:19 UTC 2018

hi guys

I have a kvm quest & two nodes.
a kvm guest on nodeA and IPaddr2 on nodeB(at this time)
nodeA & nodeB comprise a HA cluster
now...
- nodeA can ping IPaddr2 IP
- nodeB can ping kvm guest IP
- kvm guest can get to nodeB's IP but*

Only a bit non-common bit in my setup is:
- both nodeA & nodeB be interfaces which are relevant to the
subnet on which it operates are NetworkManger bridges put on
top of NM team devices, like: ifaceSlaveA + ifaceSlaveB =
teamInt = bridgeInt
But maybe it's common, maybe many do that(?)

And it seems that that "bridge ontop of nm-team" is doing
something not... well, not doing something(?)

*but - If I do not nmcli c d & nmcli c u on that nm-bridge
before I start kvm guest then all nodes, except for the host
to the guest, cannot get to kvm-guest's IP which is on the
hosts' bridge network.
I did that and then... I reboot kvm guest and.. again cannot
ping between kvm guest and other nodes.

bit tricky, how would you trouble shoot it? Where to start?

many thanks, L.