[libvirt-users] openVswitch

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 16:37:24 UTC 2019

hi guys

I'm trying a typical, I'd presume, setup: two libvirt hosts with one lxc
guest each.

boxA:

$  ovs-vsctl show
1a6a2e4f-11f3-48df-becd-03b59d00a1fb
     Bridge "ovsbr0"
         Port nm-team
             trunks: [55]
             Interface nm-team
         Port "vnet12"
             trunks: [55]
             Interface "vnet12"
         Port "ovsbr0"
             Interface "ovsbr0"
                 type: internal
     ovs_version: "2.0.0"

boxB:

$  ovs-vsctl show
05ffa96c-a961-41e7-9f8a-74dbe214153a
     Bridge "ovsbr0"
         Port "vnet41"
             trunks: [55]
             Interface "vnet41"
         Port nm-team
             trunks: [55]
             Interface nm-team
         Port "ovsbr0"
             Interface "ovsbr0"
                 type: internal
     ovs_version: "2.0.0"

In libvirt openvswitch network defines & starts okey, both guests start
okey, yet guests cannot ping one another.

Ifaces in guests seem to instantiate okey cause each guest can ping its
own IP (on libvirt openvswitch net)

You can see that on each host openvswitch port is nm-team, which I
presume must be pretty "regular" situation.

Only thing I'm not sure is that the same nm-team (on each host) is also
a port to NM's bridge. (which works fine, these bridge ifaces on both
hosts ping each other no problems).

Which bits I get wrong or am missing?

many thanks, L.