[libvirt-users] domains paused without any obvious reason

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Tue May 14 18:51:13 UTC 2019

----- Am 14. Mai 2019 um 11:08 schrieb Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com:

> 'virsh domstate --reason $GUEST'
>
> will tell you what event caused the guest to pause in the first place.
>
> If you can resume successfully, this indicates the event was a transient
> problem.   Given the domblkerror message 'no space' I'm it looks that
> you had a problem running out of disk space temporarily which then
> resolved itself.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Hi,

i have a clue what happened.
The script shuts down the domains, snapshots them, restarts them and then copy the backing files to a CIFS
server. After the copy is done (which lasts several hours), the domains are blockcommitted.
Finally the script deletes the local snap files. I think the snap files got too big,
because the logical volume for them has just 20GB and i'm snapshotting currently 8 domains.
Limit of the LV was reached. And because i finally deleted the snapshot files i didn't see that.
I will monitor now the LV for the snap files in my script to see how big they are growing.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Stellv. Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: MinDirig. Dr. Manfred Wolter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671