[libvirt-users] Using qemu active blockcommit results in 'Permission denied' error

Marcus Hoffmann bubu at bubu1.eu
Thu May 30 20:12:14 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I tried following this guide:
https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit

Unfortunately when I try to do the final virsh blockcommit step I always
get the following error:

error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'block-commit':
Could not reopen file: Permission denied

I checked directory und image file permissions, app-armor profiles (set
to complain mode for now.) and libvirt logs but nothing there gives me
any hints what might be going wrong.

This is on a debian buster system, using

libvirtd (libvirt) 5.0.0
qemu		   3.1+dfsg-7

I would appreciate any hints on how to proceed/get more debug info on this.

Thanks!
Marcus