[libvirt-users] Confused setting up a "Virtual Server Hosting" config

Paul O'Rorke paul at tracker-software.com
Wed Oct 23 17:14:53 UTC 2019

Brilliant!  Thanks Laine.

I really appreciate the help.

> you could also avoid setting up the bridge and just use macvtap bridge
> mode as you say you've done on your own network. The only limitation
> of that is that it doesn't permit direct communication between the
> host and the guests. If that limitation is okay with you, then that's
> fine.

How does the performance of a bridge on the host (Ubuntu bridge-utils)
typically compare to a macvtap bridge?  Is there an expected performance
advantage of one over the other?  I was hoping for better performance
out of the macvtap bridge.

Time to buy some extra IPs it seems...

Most appreciated Laine.

*Paul O'Rorke*
*Tracker Software Products (Canada) Limited *
www.tracker-software.com <http://www.tracker-software.com/>
Tel: +1 (250) 324 1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324 1623

<http://www.tracker-software.com/>