Question for smbios

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Mon Aug 10 14:03:18 UTC 2020

You do not need to pass parameters through smbios.

When you define the image using XML create a cdrom image.

The cdrom image must contain  meta_data.json  and network_data.json files.

The following is the ansible snippet I use to create the CD image.

genisoimage -output {{ cloud_init_iso_dir }}/{{ instance_id }}.iso
-volid config-2 -joliet -r {{ cloud_init_src_dir }}/

This is what I use to create VM images (I am using Centos not Debian so
some stuff is different but the basics are the same)

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||