failed to load seccomp syscall filter in kernel: Operation canceled

Jiatong Shen yshxxsjt715 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 00:38:48 UTC 2022

Hello community,

   I am operating an openstack cluster where applications (libvirt/nova
etc) are running using containers. The compute node's arch is aarch64
(phytium 2500), when there are virtual machines around 60 or 70, I failed
to boot new virtual machines and faced with following error message,

error: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor:
2022-10-24T06:23:54.545685Z qemu-system-aarch64: -sandbox
on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny:
failed to load seccomp syscall filter in kernel: Operation canceled

Interestingly, if I virsh stop one virtual machine, I am able to boot
another. Besides, I managed to manually boot a virtual machine without any
issue. So my question is what could be the potential cause of this behavior
and how can I deal with it? Thank you very much in advance for the help.

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen