audit 0.9.16 released

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jul 11 20:08:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:49:25 EDT, Steve Grubb said:

> - Adjust umask
> - Adjust length of strings for file system watches to not include NUL
> - Remove extra error message from audit_send
>
> This release also cleans up messages output for people that do not have file
> system auditing in their kernel. Please let me know if there are any
> problems.

One of these, I'm not sure which, cleaned up an issue where only the even-numbered
attempts to login would work - the first try at a mingetty or gdm would fail
(GDM putting up a 'authentication failed' dialog box), the second would work,
third would fail, etc etc..  This was running a 2.6.1mumble-mm kernel rather
than the Fedora kernel.  I hadn't gotten around to sorting out what difference
in the kernel ended up causing the problem.

(For the record, testing showed that gdm would give a *different* proper
message if the userid/password didn't work - so I know it wasn't my lack of
typing ability.. :)