audit 0.9.16 released

Loulwa Salem loulwas at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 12 13:56:08 UTC 2005

Steve Grubb wrote:

> Actual length without counting NUL:
>
> 4094 should pass
	Passing
> 4095 should pass
	Passing
> 4096 should fail
	Passing unexpectedly (Only for path with a space)
> 4097 should fail
	Failing (I am testing 4099)

Note:
the case where it passes with 4096 is only occurring when the path
includes a space. The same exact test case, with path not including
spaces, is behaving as expected (ie. failing).

If you remember, the problem that was occurring before (ie.
strlen()=4095 comes back with error from kernel), was behaving opposite
to this, failing for path without spaces, but passing for path with
spaces ... I don't see why the space should make a difference, shouldn't
it just count as one character in the strlen(), unless I am missing
something?

- Loulwa