System hangs using audit-0.9.9 (and few versions before)

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 22:27:16 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 18:13, Linda Knippers wrote:
> I just tried the same thing on my 2 CPU ia64 box (.65 kernel and 0.9.10
> audit tools) and on my system, the system doesn't hang but it doesn't
> work either.

You might try 0.9.11 and see if that solves your problem. There are some
variances in kernels that cause netlink to behave strangely - which is why
I've had so many iterations trying to solve the user's can't login problem. I
think 0.9.11 finally solves that problem.

The change to kernel threads doing the listing does affect auditctl because of
the ack being sent instead of the list.