Audit Filesystem

Timothy R. Chavez chavezt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:51:20 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:17:37 -0500, Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:
> I also ran into another problem when applying all these patches. A couple
> structures have been introduced to audit.h as we have been progressing.
> audit.h does not have any includes to pull in the structure definitions. For
> example, "struct inode", "struct list_head", "rwlock_t", and "atomic_t".
> These are causing compile failures in other places when audit.h gets
> included. I think fs.c was the place most things died in.
>
> If we add data types to audit.h, we also need to add the right includes so
> other places don't break. (I've been applying patches to a 2.6.11 based
> kernel.)

Odd.  Though I haven't had any failures myself, you're right.  I'll be
better about that :-)

I know I said I'd get a new patch out today and really, it'd only take
me 15 minutes to make this change and patch and e-mail, but the rainy
day has made me lazy... back to my book.  Thanks for the heads-up
Steve.  Patch out first thing tommorow morning.

There's also a audit-0.6.5 patch now.  I had to mkdir
audit-0.6.5/linux and cp in the header for the time being.  I've not
had any great experience with autoconf so I wasn't to sure on how to
make the "#include <linux/audit.h>" look at
/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-audit/include/linux/audit.h (the proper way).

-Tim