porting test suite ( testing audit system ) from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4

Upadhyay, Vikas Vikas.Upadhyay at in.unisys.com
Tue May 23 11:52:01 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I want to port the LTP test suite, linux_security_test_suite_EAL3.tar.gz
(available from http://ltp.sourceforge.net/EAL3.RHEL.html) from RHEL 3
to RHEL 4. The major issue is porting of laus_test directory, which
tests the underlying audit system and the audit system has undergone a
substantial change from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4.

I plan to change the directory laus_test, which tests LAuS on RHEL 3 to
something like, audit_test, which will test the current audit system (on
RHEL 4). And for that, I need to change each and every single file in
the directory laus_test. I am unable to find any detailed document on
the new audit system.

Any pointers will be really appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Vikas