porting test suite ( testing audit system ) from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4

Matt Anderson mra at hp.com
Tue May 23 15:57:11 UTC 2006

Upadhyay, Vikas wrote:
> I want to port the LTP test suite, linux_security_test_suite_EAL3.tar.gz
> (available from http://ltp.sourceforge.net/EAL3.RHEL.html) from RHEL 3
> to RHEL 4. The major issue is porting of *laus_test* directory, which
> tests the underlying audit system and the audit system has undergone a
> substantial change from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4.
>
> I plan to change the directory *laus_test*, which tests *LAuS* on *RHEL
> 3* to something like, *audit_test*, which will test the current audit
> system (on *RHEL 4*). And for that, I need to change each and every
> single file in the directory *laus_test*. I am unable to find any
> detailed document on the new audit system.
>
> Any pointers will be really appreciated.

You probably want to check out our audit-test package.  We recently got
it added to sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/audit-test

HP hasn't had much time to work on it as we're getting ready for the
next evaluation, but it will be a better starting point.  Maybe if we
get some more people using it (and sending patches) we'll be able to
justify spending more time on it.

-matt