audit 1.2.2 released

Michael C Thompson thompsmc at us.ibm.com
Tue May 23 22:20:16 UTC 2006

Michael C Thompson wrote:
> Steve Grubb wrote:
>> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 13:23, Steve Grubb wrote:
>>> AFAICT, there are 2 places where an access decision is made,
>>> audit_netlink_ok in kernel/audit.c. And the other place is
>>> selinux_nlmsg_lookup in  security/selinux/nlmsgtab.c. I think you'd
>>> want to
>>> patch your kernel to  printk its access decision results in both of
>>> those
>>> functions. That should tell us something about what's going on.
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Did you ever patch your kernel to get more info or did this problem go
>> away in the latest kernel (lspp.26)?
>
> I have tested this on the 26 and 27 kernel and am still experiencing the
> problem. I'm working on tracking it down now.

This is definately not an SELinux issue. I don't know enough about the
audit_reply structure to fully understand what is happening. This is
what I know:

socket_has_perm returns 0, and netlink_recvmsg does definitely get hit.
The error is getting packaged up in the body of the netlink message, but
I don't know where to begin looking for this, nor do I have the time to
continue looking.

If you have any possible fixes, I'll gladly test them, but currently,
I'm at a loss for time and can't continue.

Thanks,
Mike