audit 1.6.2 released

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 16:40:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've just released a new version of the audit daemon. It can be downloaded
from http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit  It will also be in rawhide
soon. The Changelog is:

- Add support for searching by posix regular expressions in auparse
- Route DEAMON events into rt interface
- If event pipe is full, try again after doing local logging
- Optionally add node/machine name to records in audit daemon
- Update ausearch/aureport to specify nodes to search on
- Fix segfault interpretting saddr fields in avcs

This release focuses on optionally adding node=name field to audit daemon
logged records. ausearch/report/parse were updated to support this format.
This will allow the originating host to be captured in files if they are
copied to another machine. The reporting fixups is in preparation for having
remote logging where the audit logs are aggregated into 1 common log. There
were a few self explanatory bug fixes listed above.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this release.