auparse question

LC Bruzenak lenny at magitekltd.com
Fri Jun 6 19:20:14 UTC 2008

I have successfully sent in a AUDIT_TRUSTED_APP user audit event &
viewed that message picked off the stream by audisp.

I send in my own n=v pairs.
The auparse library code returns all the name elements but on a string
value with embedded spaces it stops at the first space.

On the sending side I have tried escaping double-quotes, single-quotes,
and escaped single-quotes.

I read through most of the list entries regarding this and also Steve's
auparse text page and I must be missing the answer; apology in advance
since after reading through most of the replies I realized it has been
discussed thoroughly, but I do not see the answer.

I also copied the example in the  auparse_feed manpage, compiled that
and tried to put some data into a file for an easy example. I cannot
seem to get the right format in my event data file however. If someone
has an example of that file data it would help, since I'd ideally like
to use this setup for quick testing.

Thx,
LCB.

--