Not auditing dispatchers

Linda Knippers linda.knippers at hp.com
Fri Jun 6 22:53:01 UTC 2008

You could construct your audit rules dynamically so that they
exclude the dispatcher.  You'd have to know its pid and then have
a -F pid!= xxx option on your audit rules.  I haven't tried that
but it should work.  You'd have to re-do the rules if the dispatcher
was restarted so its kind of clunky.

I think the feature that LAuS had for letting trusted programs
enable/disable auditing of themselves was kind of handy.

-- ljk