Central Audit Server with Prelude and Prewikka - RHEL5

Dan Gruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Fri Feb 13 21:45:38 UTC 2009

Steve,

Thanks for the advice.  I was wondering about duplicating those
information streams and needed the encouragement to go ahead.

One thing that did come up, I changed a lot of "localhost" references in
the "Audit + Prelude HOWTO" and in the /etc/prelude/default/client.conf
files to my actual server name (master) and I also changed a line in
/etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf from

listen = 127.0.0.1

listen = master

All of these changes required me to revoke my old prelude-manager
registrations under "localhost" and re-register all of the sensors to
"master".  Perhaps I didn't need all of this but it is all working now
(except for my 5.2 SELinux problem).

I'm running prelude-lml on the master and I'll be figuring out if I
should run it on each node or it will pick up everything from the
master's /var/log/messages file.  I'm thinking it would be better to
keep things separate but I'll be testing.

If anyone can tell me if some of those "localhost" changes were not
necessary it would be helpful to know for future reference.  I could
update the "Audit + Prelude HOWTO" with what I've found and send it to
back to Steve if that would be useful.

Dan