Remote audit clients on RHEL 5.2

Dan Gruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Tue Feb 17 18:43:08 UTC 2009

I talked with the folks on the fedora-selinux-list and here is the
result of that discussion:

The text file (auditd.te) for the proper SELinux policy module is as
follows:
-----------
module auditd 0.0.3;
require {
        class tcp_socket accept;
        type auditd_t;
        attribute reserved_port_type;
        class tcp_socket { name_bind };
}
type audit_port_t;
typeattribute audit_port_t reserved_port_type;
allow auditd_t audit_port_t:tcp_socket { name_bind };
allow auditd_t self:tcp_socket accept;
---------------

Once you have the auditd.te file, you can compile it and check it for
any errors:

checkmodule -M -m -o auditd.mod auditd.te

If you have no errors, you can then package the .mod file:

semodule_package -o auditd.pp -m auditd.pp

After packaging, insert it into SELinux:

semodule -i auditd.pp

You should now be able to find the policy module using the
system-config-selinux GUI.

After all of that, the port can be enable under SELinux as per the RHEL
5.3 release notes:

semanage port -a -t audit_port_t -p tcp 60

My systems are now running clean.  Thanks for the help.

Dan

--
Dan Gruhn
Group W Inc.