Remote logging with autitd

Wouter van Verre woutervanverre at outlook.com
Sun Nov 2 22:09:11 UTC 2014

That fixed that issue.
Many thanks!

I'm going to have a look at implementing the plugin tomorrow.

Cheers!

Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 15:25:50 -0600
From: lenny at magitekltd.com
To: linux-audit at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Remote logging with autitd

    On 11/02/2014 03:16 PM, Wouter van
      Verre wrote:

      Hi Steve,

        Many thanks for your response.

        I will be reading the presentation and the examples in the
        tarball and go from there for implementing my processing plugin.

        Regarding the logging to disk on the central server:

        I have node names set up for both servers now and am now getting
        the following behaviour:

           On the client server I can see the events being prefixed with
        node=Elephant in the log on that server.

           On the central server I can see that local events are being
        prefixed with node=Mongoose.

           However, events that were sent to the central server by the
        client server show up in the central server's log with

           node=localhost.localdomain. So it seems that the node
        information gets lost between the client and central server?

        Would you have any idea why the node information is lost?

        Many thanks,

        Wouter

    Check /etc/audisp/audispd.conf on your client.

    Look at the  line with "name_format=" and it probably says
    "hostname" (case insensitive).

    Test this by checking "% hostname" command on your client.

    See the audispd.conf man page for more info.

    LCB

    --
LC (Lenny) Bruzenak
lenny at magitekltd.com