Filtering Connect syscalls for af_inet only

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Thu Feb 5 20:16:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:06 PM, F Rafi <farhanible at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did some digging and now I understand the different size variations of
> sockaddr_storage. I guess I can just filter on a2!=6e then.

I assume 0x6e is the size of sockaddr_un?  I would still caution
against filtering on any particular size as you could still use
sockaddr_storage for AF_UNIX.  Granted, it's unlikely, but it is
possible.

> And we'd have to keep an eye out for x86 systems. I understand that x86_64
> does not use socketcall() but, do you know if multiarch support somehow
> allows 32bit apps on x86_64 to use / translate these calls?

32-bit x86 applications running on a x86_64 system use the 32-bit
socketcall() system call; there is no way around that, it's part of
the 32-bit x86 ABI for Linux.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com