Error at compiling audit 4.2.2

Alarie, Maxime Alarie.Maxime at hydro.qc.ca
Tue Jul 28 15:14:26 UTC 2015

Not sure if you guys provide support for this,

I am trying to compile auditd 4.2.2 and Iam using python 2.6..

I get this error and I was wondering if it cou;s be fixed. Or If I absolutely need to use pythoin 2.7:

Command entered: /configure --sbindir=/sbin --with-python=yes --with-libwrap --enable-gssapi-krb5=yes --with-libcap-ng=yes

Error (checking header files section):
Checking for header files
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking size of unsigned int... 4
checking size of unsigned long... 8
checking whether MS_DIRSYNC is declared... yes
checking whether AUDIT_FEATURE_VERSION is declared... no
checking whether AUDIT_VERSION_BACKLOG_WAIT_TIME is declared... no
checking whether to create python bindings... testing
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.6
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib64/python2.6/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib64/python2.6/site-packages
configure: error: Python explicitly required and python headers found

any tips would help, I can even use an older version if necessary..  I just need to  upgrade 1.8. (SLES 11)

MErci