New field to auditd.conf file

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Thu Apr 7 18:42:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 12:47 AM, Deepika Sundar
<sundar.deepika18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the same way, in the kernel side
> Can I able to add one new field to the audit log structure without breaking
> Compatibility? If so,
>   1.How can I add new field without breaking compatibility?
>      or
>   2.Is there any reserve field in audit log structure so that I can make use
>     of it?

You need to be more specific about what you are trying to do.
Speaking generally, unless you work to get your changed merged into
the upstream kernel and userspace tools we cannot guarantee present or
future compatibility.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com