Auditing network traffic

F Rafi farhanible at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:05:45 UTC 2016

Perhaps this is of use. My goal was to restrict audit logs to outbound
connections only to reduce the amount of logs.

# Outbound connections could indicate exfiltration of data (connect vs
accept)
# Log 64 bit processes (a2!=6e filters local unix socket calls)

-a exit,always -F arch=b64 -S connect -F a2!=110 -k network_outbound64

# Log 32 bit processes (a0=3 means only outbound sys_connect calls)

-a exit,always -F arch=b32 -S socketcall -F a0=3 -k network_outbound32

-Farhan

PS: I'd appreciate if someone could poke holes in this.